The Spa

The Spa


View Larger

Postcard showing colonnade, Dancing Water Nymphs sculpture, and entrance to the Palm Springs Spa

1957

The third and final bathhouse is demolished in preparation for the construction of the Palm Springs Spa.

1959

U.S. Equalization Act is finalized, dividing tribal land individually among its 104 members. Conservators and guardians are assigned to many tribal members to control their land and assets.

1960

Construction of the Palm Springs Spa is completed. Built on reservation land, it is the first long-term Indian land lease in the country.

1963

The Spa Hotel opens for business.